SVNMate Update

This just fixes a memory leak that could occur when using projects which weren’t under Subversion control. I’d recommend that everyone update to the new version.

17 Responses to “SVNMate Update”

1. on 08 Dec 2007 at 11:02 pmBen Reubenstein

After downloading per your link Textmate reports: ‘Version 2.0 of “SVNMate” is already installed. Do you want to replace it with version 1.0?’ Is TextMate in error?

2. on 09 Dec 2007 at 5:50 pmThiago L. Christofoletti

Thanks for the update! However, I didn’t complete the install because TextMate reported the same message Ben said above.

3. on 09 Dec 2007 at 7:49 pmCiarán

The version got changed back to 1.0 somehow, thanks for letting me know. I’ve fixed the download link but if you already downloaded it then you can just tell TM to install it anyway.

4. on 12 Dec 2007 at 5:26 pmTommy

I just found this plugin and it’s great! One thing that I think would make it better is if there was an option to colorize the text in the project drawer instead of using an icon overlay. The icons are hard to see if the document’s icon is the same color where the overlaid icon is.

5. on 13 Dec 2007 at 11:41 pmAndrew Vit

What I’d love to see is an icon set with no icon for the “Versioned Items” status: this is often the most common status for all files in the project, so why put up a flag for “situation normal”?

I think it would be nicer to have a question mark for unversioned items instead.

Thanks for the cool plugin!

6. on 14 Dec 2007 at 2:13 pmKevin

This is awesome. Thanks! Now if only there were a version of this for [Git](http://git.or.cz/ “Git website”) … :)

Is this open source? Perhaps if you have no desire to create a Git version, some one else could build one based on your code.

7. on 02 Jan 2008 at 5:34 pmDana

Thanks for the great plugin! It’s really nice to be able to see Subversion status in the project drawer. I’ve run into a little problem though. One of my projects has Japanese characters in the file names, and svn chokes on them unless I set the LCALL environment variable to a UTF-8 locale. SVNMate seems to be running svn in such a way that my shell profile is ignored: my project won’t open when SVNMate is installed, and the errors in my console log are the same character set conversion errors that I got in Terminal before setting LCALL. Can you give me some insight into how SVNMate runs svn so I can figure out where else I need to set my locale?

8. on 03 Jan 2008 at 5:16 pmDana

I played around with my locale problem a little more today and it doesn’t appear to be a matter of environment variables. The error I’m seeing in the console log is “Conversion to encoding 30 failed,” which means you’re probably calling NSString’s cString method. You might consider using the UTF8String method instead.

9. on 08 Jan 2008 at 8:08 pmTim

I second a git version (or a source code release)

Cheers!

10. on 31 Jan 2008 at 1:57 pmJon Evans

Could it be svnMate which causes TextMate to write “iconPack” many times to the console log whenever it gets focus?

11. on 02 Feb 2008 at 10:18 pmCiarán

Kevin/Tim: I am hoping to do something for Git, once I get a chance to look into the API.

Dana: Please mail me at this domain and I’ll give you a modified version for you to try so I can see if it fixes your problem.

Jon: Yes, that was some debug code I’d left in by mistake, the download with that was only up for a brief period. For anyone who downloaded this version, just grab it again and it should stop showing.

12. on 11 Mar 2008 at 12:05 pmAdam Strzelecki

Thank you for great plugin.

I just want to report that some of the folders and files that are supposed to be under SVN control have no badges at all.

For example when SVN folder contains the 1 file out of version control + few other files under version control, folder badge is missing (removed), also parent folder looses badge, which is IMHO bad.

IMHO there’s something wrong with badge inheritance.

Also there’s missing badge for files marked as “!” (svn status) and when there’s such a file in the folder all other SVN files loose badges.

13. on 23 Jun 2008 at 5:29 amGregory

Thanks for the plugin, I’ve really come to rely on it. After recently upgrading to subversion 1.5.0 (via MacPorts) SVNMate doesn’t seem to work after making a commit…no badges are displayed at all.

14. on 27 Jun 2008 at 9:03 pmAlistair Holt

+1 for the GIT version

15. on 30 Jun 2008 at 8:33 pmRyan

Hi Ciarán, I’ve also encountered the same problem with upgrading to subversion 1.5.0 (via MacPorts). As soon as the checkout has been converted to the new 1.5 format (via an update, commit or new checkout), SVNMate ceases to work.

Thanks, Ryan

16. on 23 Jul 2008 at 2:50 pmrlx

same here, had to update svn because subclipse updated its library and the plugin does not work. nice plugin, though, thanks for that