TextMate Plug-in – Find and Replace History Keyboard Navigation

Someone recently asked for a plug-in to navigate the find/replace history with the keyboard. After installing it you can use ⌃↑/ to move to the next/previous value.

9 Responses to “TextMate Plug-in – Find and Replace History Keyboard Navigation”

1. on 25 May 2008 at 11:29 pmDr Nic

That is just lovely!

2. on 24 Jun 2008 at 6:03 amJesse Knowles

I can’t seem to figure out how to use this. is that control and arrow up down? Or is it option up and down. Neither of which seem to work for me.

3. on 14 Dec 2008 at 9:51 amIan Ferguson

Hey Ciarán, do you know if it’s possible to extend the number of history items remembered? Is there a defaults or a TM_ var that could be set to handle this?

4. on 14 Dec 2008 at 3:46 pmCiarán

That’s not possible, sorry Ian.

5. on 20 Jan 2009 at 11:57 amAnand Patil

I would love a plugin that makes the find pane just a drop-down panel like in Safari. I keep different projects open on different spaces, but currently the find pane doesn’t automatically follow me to new spaces; it has to be manually dragged.

6. on 07 Apr 2009 at 3:31 amGarden Edging

Not sure how to make this work either.

7. on 12 Jul 2009 at 10:04 amclub penguin cheats

8. on 22 Apr 2010 at 11:18 amlouboutin sandals

9. on 08 May 2010 at 11:20 pmJay Allen

Louboutin, it’s control and up/down, see here for the modifier key symbols: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1343

FWIW, I just tested it with the latest TextMate and it works beautifully so if you’re having problems you may have some plugin conflict or something…