TextMate Plug-in: ProjectPlus

Feature list:

• SCM status badges:

• Support for SVN and Git
    • Displayed in the project file list and the window proxy icon
  • Swapping the project drawer for a panel

• Support for ⌃⌥⌘D and ⌃⌘R is kept
    • The sidebar can be placed on either side of the window
    • Since I created this someone has updated the MissingDrawer plug-in with these features, if you wish to use this plug-in instead then you can disable the feature
  • Finder colour labels

• Labelled files are displayed in the project drawer
    • Label can be set through the context menu
  • Project-tree state can be preserved when re-opening the project

• QuickLook preview of files in the project file list through the context menu (or ⌥␣ when the file list is focused)
  • Sorting options through the project file list context menu
  • Display folders on top
  • Sort by file extension
  • “Open With” option

You should remove any conflicting plug-ins before installing, by deleting them from ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns.

Download ProjectPlus.

185 Responses to “TextMate Plug-in: ProjectPlus”

1. on 05 Aug 2008 at 10:15 pmThomas Aylott

This totally works with my subtleGradient Leopard Dark 2 GUI Replacement: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomas_aylott/1036845018/

This is the absolute most useful plugin evar!

2. on 06 Aug 2008 at 12:21 amLibin Pan

Awesome!

Removed my old plist file, everything works great!

ProjectPlus + subtleGradient, TextMate 2 already? :)

3. on 06 Aug 2008 at 1:19 amAleks

I just switched from SVNMate to this, thank you for both!

4. on 06 Aug 2008 at 3:34 amThomas Aylott

I mean “this” as ProjectPlus being the must useful plugin evar!

(although my gui replacement IS awesome, it’s mostly just eye-candy ;)

5. on 06 Aug 2008 at 5:29 amnevan

Thanks for this. I like the appearance better, and the way you can drag from the corner. SVN status is a bonus too, but I’d prefer if it wasn’t over the icon. Perhaps if it was a thin line to the left of the icon, that way you could still use colours.

I still can’t make the new folder shortcut work though, using ctrl-apple-G. Any idea why?

Thanks again!

6. on 06 Aug 2008 at 5:31 amnevan

Ah, I just noticed that you can change the icon set for SVN status!

7. on 06 Aug 2008 at 10:07 amJamie Hill

Nice! …is there any way to get the project drawer on the right hand side though?

8. on 06 Aug 2008 at 10:09 amJamie Hill

Sorry, missed the preference pane.

9. on 06 Aug 2008 at 11:13 amTheo

How do I know which other plug-ins that are in conflict with this one?

10. on 06 Aug 2008 at 12:59 pmDr Nic

TextMate hangs for me with this plugin. When I Force Quit it, the generates the following output at the cmd line:

2008-08-06 21:59:46.594 mate[24229:10b] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: 'connection went invalid while waiting for a reply' invoked observer method: '*** -[OakLaunchHelper didLaunchTextMate:]' observer: 0xf1f460 notification name: 'NSWorkspaceDidLaunchApplicationNotification'

I have the following PlugIns installed already (incase perhaps there is a conflict somehow):

BundleEditorSearch Dialog FindHistory ProjectPlus ProjectTree QuicklookTM TMQuicklook TMTools TmCodeBrowser ToolTips

Thoughts?

11. on 06 Aug 2008 at 3:03 pmDamien

I forwarded this around at work, here are the two responses so far:

“This looks cool as ****.”

“This is the most amazing thing to happen to TextMate since the install bundle plugin.”

Go Ciaran! :-)

Damien

12. on 06 Aug 2008 at 4:01 pmPedro Melo

Hmmms… I can do almost everything as advertised with this plugin, except I don’t see the “SCM status badges”.

After some trial and error, it seems that ProjectPlus hardcodes the git binary either in /usr/local/bin/git or /opt/local/bin/git.

You seem to support the TMGIT preference variable but if I set TMGIT to my git binary (in /usr/local/git/bin/git) it does not work (added TM_GIT via Preferences > Advanced > Shell Variables).

If I create a symblink in /usr/local/bin/git to my binary it starts to work.

Is it possible to look into the TM_GIT support? It seems broken.

Best regards, and thanks for an excellent plugin, removed MissingDrawer from my system :) .

13. on 06 Aug 2008 at 4:21 pmLibin Pan

@Dr Nic, I have the same problem here now.

If I delete the preference plist file and reset every settings, it will start working again, but it will hang on opening big folder again. Even I only have ProjectPlus installed.

14. on 06 Aug 2008 at 5:28 pmTextMate ProjectPlus at xentek

[...] your code into Projects (and which self-respecting Mac developer doesn’t?) Install the Project Plus plugin. Right. Now. You won’t regret it. Hello There! Thank you for visiting my site. This [...]

15. on 06 Aug 2008 at 6:30 pmDamien

Another comment:

“This plugin is really great. If you use TextMate, install it now.”

Damien

16. on 06 Aug 2008 at 6:36 pmCed

Very nice plugin, thanks ;-)

17. [...] since TUAW talked about TextMate, and fans of the venerable text editor will want to check out ProjectPlus, Ciarán Walsh’s latest contribution to the TextMate community. It provides a set of features [...]

18. on 06 Aug 2008 at 9:25 pmRobert Roland

You are a genius, Ciarán! Thank you! Sorting that allows me to put folders at the top!!! (And I haven’t even explored the other features yet!) A donation is on its way now!

19. on 06 Aug 2008 at 9:39 pmCiarán

Theo: if the plug-in has the same functionality then it conflicts :)

Dr Nic and Pedro Melo, I uploaded an update which hopefully will fix these issues.

20. on 06 Aug 2008 at 10:16 pmLibin Pan

Thanks so much, Ciarán!

It works like a DREAM now!

21. on 06 Aug 2008 at 10:30 pmSaul

Silly question – any way I can get the panel font either bigger or to comply with the theme I’m using in TM – it’s only an issue when doing screencaasts – but it would be helpful..

22. on 06 Aug 2008 at 11:39 pmDr Nic

@Ciarán – excellent, working now. Thanks.

23. on 06 Aug 2008 at 11:53 pmMarc

Nice plugin! But I can’t get the SCM status badges for Git to work. I do have TM_GIT set to the /usr/local/bin/git but still no joy. Did Ii miss any settings? Thanks!

24. on 06 Aug 2008 at 11:54 pmJonno

This is awesome!

25. on 07 Aug 2008 at 12:27 amDr Nic

Ciaran – a chance for the plugin src to go up on github?

26. on 07 Aug 2008 at 12:40 amAlan Harper

Cool, I like it. Conflicting plugins include MissingDrawer :)

27. on 07 Aug 2008 at 1:13 amDr Nic

Pref pane tab item is missing an icon – http://skitch.com/drnic/1a2q/projectplus-missing-pref-icon

28. on 07 Aug 2008 at 1:14 amjohn

post a fuc…. screenshot for know why download the pluggin!!! what do etc…..

29. [...] since TUAW talked about TextMate, and fans of the venerable text editor will want to check out ProjectPlus, Ciarán Walsh’s latest contribution to the TextMate community. It provides a set of features [...]

30. [...] bei der gelegenheit auf der allgemeinen delicious-seite entdeckt: a-b-c-d-e-of-travel-photography und textmate-plug-in-projectplus [...]

31. on 07 Aug 2008 at 9:05 amshoaib burq

Thanks heaps, this is great!

32. on 07 Aug 2008 at 10:43 amPedro Melo

Ciarán: yep, the last update solved the problem for me. ProjectPlus now honors TM_GIT.

Many thanks!

33. [...] TextMate Plug-in: Project Plus – Featuring SCM status badges for subversion and git, among other things. (via TUAW) [...]

34. on 07 Aug 2008 at 1:36 pmAlvin

Thanks, I like this plugin.

35. on 07 Aug 2008 at 2:55 pmAparajita

Hi, I am also missing the preference pane icon, and I can’t get SCM badges to appear for a git project. I have put a symlink to git in /usr/local/bin and used TM_GIT, but no joy.

36. on 07 Aug 2008 at 3:10 pmJan

Hi Ciarán,

many thanks for this wonderful plugin. I hoped it could replace the “MissingDrawer”-Plugin, but after couple hours of work textmate grabs a lot of memory, that it hasn’t done before I installed the plugin. Currently it is using 600MB of ram and I have only on project open.

Cheers,

Jan

37. on 07 Aug 2008 at 4:24 pmGreg

For anyone looking for a smaller, less obtrusive set of SVN / GIT badges, I’ve created and uploaded a set of them here: http://letsbequiet.com/things_for_having/Minim.zip

To install, simply drag the unzipped folder to Username>Library>Application Support>TextMate>Plugins>ProjectPlus.tmplugin>Contents>Resources>icons

Enjoy.

38. on 07 Aug 2008 at 6:05 pmmichael

I’m also missing the preference pane icon (bleeding edge textmate and OS X 10.4). It also doesn’t seem to save the project draw sort state between sessions – and occasionally stops putting folders at the top (I will alt-tab for a while and alt-tab back and it’s gone back to default textmate ordering..).

Thanks for the great work!

39. on 07 Aug 2008 at 6:42 pmliz

I also cannot get the SCM badges to show up for git and am using TM_GIT. Thanks for the wonderful plugin!

40. on 07 Aug 2008 at 8:23 pmJoe

Thanks for making such a great addition to TextMate—love the git badging. My favourite text editor just keeps getting better! :-)

As ProjectPlus is already a combination of your other plugins, may I suggest that you incorporate your TMQuicklook plugin directly into the next release of ProjectPlus and add a preference to allow a key combination of one’s choice to be set to trigger Quicklook from within the TextMate project sidebar (I already use Alt-[Space] to trigger QuickSilver? TMQuicklook on its own wouldn’t deserve a preference pane, and as far as I can see the keyboard shortcut is hard-coded.

Thanks again!

41. on 07 Aug 2008 at 8:39 pmArik Jones

I too cannot get the SCM badges to work. :(

Great plugin nonetheless!!!!

42. [...] TextMate Plug-in: ProjectPlus Interesting plug-in for TextMate which provides extra functionality including some Git support. [...]

43. [...] since TUAW talked about TextMate, and fans of the venerable text editor will want to check out ProjectPlus, Ciarán Walsh’s latest contribution to the TextMate community. It provides a set of features [...]

44. on 08 Aug 2008 at 12:33 amDr Nic

@Greg – thx for the icons!

45. on 08 Aug 2008 at 3:50 pmSimon Plenderleith

Absolutely awesome plugin, thanks man! :D

46. on 09 Aug 2008 at 6:32 pmBen

This is truly a lovely plug-in. I’m using the old school colored cvs statuses as I love insanely bright, colorful source code :) But, yeah, svn status is great!

47. on 09 Aug 2008 at 9:14 pmKevin

I work with Damien. I’ve since passed it on to every developer I know who uses the Mac, all of them say the same thing: AMAZING!

I found a small bug:

After a fresh launch of the application, drag a folder onto the textmate dock icon. It will open in the old view. Close the window and open it again and you get the project plus view. All subsequent folders open in the project plus view.

If you want more details, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Kevin

48. [...] I did this by using ProjectPlus and sublteGradient Leopard. Sorry for not putting this in the original [...]

49. on 10 Aug 2008 at 2:22 pmTobi A.

Great work! But how can I use the QuickLook-Feature which I would appreciate very much? I neither have an appropriate entry in the context menu nor does alt-spacebar work. Am I doing something wrong?

50. on 11 Aug 2008 at 12:26 pmJoakim Nygård

Brilliant! TextMate looks so good now.

I used the MissingDrawer plugin before but this + subtlegradient Leopard theme is even better :)

51. on 11 Aug 2008 at 7:02 pmKent Karlsson

Awesome!

Sometimes it borkes out on some git thing, which makes no sense because I’m using mercurial. Oh, mercurial support in the works? I’d implement it if it was script based. =)

52. on 12 Aug 2008 at 8:53 amJohan Sahlén

Has anyone gotten the Git badges to work?

53. [...] Ciarán Walsh’s Blog » TextMate Plug-in: ProjectPlus [...]

54. on 13 Aug 2008 at 5:30 amLuke

Very cool plugin, thanks! One problem I’m having is that sorting with Folders on Top doesn’t seem to be saving after I close and re-open the project. Is this a known bug?

55. on 13 Aug 2008 at 10:58 amTextMate Blog » ProjectPlus

[...] is a plug-in from Ciarán Walsh called ProjectPlus. It does SCM badgets (Git and SVN), Finder (color) labels, preserves project state between [...]

56. on 13 Aug 2008 at 1:52 pmJonathan Christopher

This plugin is really great, thanks so much for your hard work. Unfortunately, TextMate now freezes whenever I open a project which has files stored on a remote server (connected via SMB). Has anyone else had a similar problem?

57. on 13 Aug 2008 at 3:30 pmminimal design

Havent tested yet, I”ll report back if I run into any bug… but GIT support sounds tasty! :)

Thanks!!

58. on 13 Aug 2008 at 4:03 pmJordi Bunster

Are folders supposed to also have badges to reflect SCM status of stuff underneath them?

I’m using this with Git, but only files have badges. Git limitation?

59. on 13 Aug 2008 at 4:11 pmHendrik

Awesome! Thank you.

60. [...] days ago I’ve came across the wonderful ProjectPlus plug-in for [...]

61. on 13 Aug 2008 at 4:35 pmJonathan Christopher

I just wanted to post a follow-up. My issues with TM freezing when opening projects with remote files didn’t have anything to do with ProjectPlus or TM, it was a problem with our LAN.

62. on 13 Aug 2008 at 6:50 pmGerd Knops

The color labels don’t seem to work for me. I selected a color from the context menu, nothing happens. The preferences show them turned on, with medium opacity.

63. on 13 Aug 2008 at 11:14 pmHans Czajkowski Jørgensen

Thanks Ciarán…works great under Textmate 1.5.7 (1436) on OSX 10.4.11 Keep up the good work

64. on 13 Aug 2008 at 11:16 pmHans Czajkowski Jørgensen

…at least the badges. I didn’t check the other features. Yet.

65. on 14 Aug 2008 at 12:21 amGerd Knops

Scrolling in the project view of larger projects becomes very sluggish. That’s a deal-breaker for me… :-(

66. on 14 Aug 2008 at 12:38 amBryce Thornton

I can only get the GIT badges to work when I open a new project in Textmate. If I open a .tmproj file the badges do not work.

67. on 14 Aug 2008 at 3:32 amWatts

While I like the project in general, at least for me, unchecking the “Show project files in a sidebar” option doesn’t seem to work: the drawer doesn’t appear at all when the project is closed and re-opened, or even when I quit TextMate and restart it. The “Show/Hide Project Drawer” command doesn’t do anything.

(And, yes, I might prefer the drawer in some circumstances… the difference in behavior is that when you hide the drawer, TextMate takes up less screen real estate, as the drawer “folds” underneath the main window. The sidebar, though, is part of the main window, and so hiding it expands the text editing space. I tend to work with the editing window set to the 78-column wrap point, so in effect, this gives me a lot of extra white space, when I’m actually trying to shrink the window. :) )

68. on 14 Aug 2008 at 7:41 amchristoffer winterkvist

I have the same problem as Watts, I would like to use the drawer but it won’t appear if I choose that option.

69. on 14 Aug 2008 at 4:08 pmSteven Klass

Hi Ciaran,

Nice work – Now that you have shown this technically can be done, what can we do to add in perforce support? I’d pay for it :)

70. on 15 Aug 2008 at 9:03 amlastobelus

it looks very nice but has a rather nasty memory leak. Shark time.

71. on 15 Aug 2008 at 9:12 amJohan Sahlén

Follow-up to my problem: my problem was the same as Bryce Thornton’s – git badges don’t show when loading a project file, only a folder.

72. on 15 Aug 2008 at 3:30 pmlinks for 2008-08-15

[...] Ciarán Walsh’s Blog » TextMate Plug-in: ProjectPlus (tags: webdev webdesign textmate svn productivity todo) [...]

73. on 17 Aug 2008 at 2:07 pmUwe Kitzmann

Nice plugin. Unfortunately sort options do not get saved. After re-opening a project, the tree is unsorted as before. Also removed directory references reappear after restart of TextMate.

74. [...] ProjectPlus – TextMate Plug-in for project integration and support for svn and git. [...]

75. on 19 Aug 2008 at 6:03 pmJeff Adams

In addition to the problems listed above. I seriously screwed up my CSS file. It added hyphens and strange characters where the weren’t supposed to be.

76. on 21 Aug 2008 at 12:21 amanselmo

nice…. tks

77. on 25 Aug 2008 at 12:24 amPeter

Thanks for this great plugin!

I found the way to get in memory leaks, it’s just a tab switching. Hold alt-cmd-] for a while and you’ll see the free memory is going down.

Thanks again, I do use it a lot! :)

78. [...] also installed the awesome ProjectPlus plug-in for TextMate (put it into ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Plugins, creating any of the [...]

79. on 08 Sep 2008 at 12:18 amKjell Bublitz

Wow, this is so good! Thank you for posting this.

Now i can order my folders the way i want, have color labels to keep focused and see the SCM status with just one plugin.

Super awesome!!

80. on 13 Sep 2008 at 5:33 pmGyorgy

This plugin doesn’t works for me? I’m using Mac OS X 10.4 with Textmate 1.5.7 (1436). I installed the plugin, but I beleieve it’s not recognized, because I can’t see any ProjectPlus pane in the preferences window..

Any help?

81. on 17 Sep 2008 at 6:41 pmJim

Totally hangs my textmate.. on 10.5.4

82. on 01 Oct 2008 at 9:53 amLexx

Ciaran, I’m still waiting for the fix. I’ve got issue on Tiger… whenever the updater box appear textmate eventually crashes.

83. on 09 Oct 2008 at 1:46 amDru

This is fantastic. Features I just learned to live without…now suddenly available and essential!

I Second the notion of getting the original Drawer back. I constantly hit command-option-control-D to toggle the state of the Drawer, usually for purposes of making the total footprint of the window smaller. Also, I like to resize the drawer as needed, without changing the size of my text window.

The preference option that sounds like the Drawer is still available produces the same “no project sidebar at all” problem for me. I’m on Tiger…that have anything to do with it?

Excellent work, nonetheless.

84. on 12 Nov 2008 at 7:02 pmPeter

Great plugin, but there is a small bug I wanted to report. If I double-click on a TextMate project file when TextMate is not running, TextMate starts and the project opens as expected, but without the project pane showing. Under the “View” menu it gives me the old “Show Project Drawer” option not the “Show Project Pane” option.

In order to get it to open with the project pane showing and with the correct option in the view menu, I have to close the project and re-open it without quitting TextMate, or open TextMate and then open the project in that order in the first place.

85. on 22 Nov 2008 at 11:29 pmCorey

Hey, is it just me, or does side scrolling (leftright) stop working on the sidebar?

86. on 05 Dec 2008 at 12:30 amFábio M. Costa

It’s just the best plugin in town… it added everything i wanted at textmate, thinks i was like ‘why dont textmate do this?’.

It’s awsome, congratulations!

87. on 08 Dec 2008 at 1:00 amInfovore » links for December 7th

[...] Ciarán Walsh’s Blog » TextMate Plug-in: ProjectPlus A better way of handling TextMate projects, or so I'm told. Giving this a crack. (tags: textmate plugin ) [...]

88. on 08 Dec 2008 at 12:45 pmLive from TextMate | Xav. le Blog

[...] pour gérer les fichiers “subversionnés” à la façon de Eclipse, installez le bundle Project+. [...]

89. on 08 Dec 2008 at 7:46 pmJRF

SCM badging is super…except… At least in the git case, it doesn’t seem to work unless the .tmproj file itself is within the git managed filesystem hierarchy.

90. on 11 Dec 2008 at 7:32 pmRajeev Cyrus

This plugin is fantastic!

However, I have one small issue :-( I do a lot of my work via remote drives and this plugin severely slows down textmate with SCM badging turned on. Is project+ doing a status update each time I click on a file?

With SCM bading turned off this plugin is still awesome!

91. on 12 Dec 2008 at 8:44 pmsanti

Nice work !! any chance to get the lock svn status ?

92. [...] ellas es que no sabes el estado de los archivos, pero esto se soluciona con el plugin ProjectPlus (ir a la página del autor). Descargamos, instalamos el paquete y listos. Al abrir un proyecto que esté versionado tendremos [...]

93. on 26 Dec 2008 at 2:06 amSon Nguyen

Very nice plugin, I wish TextMate include your by default so I don’t have to find it and probably many users would find it useful. Work perfectly for me on Leopard, TextMate 1.5.7

94. on 02 Jan 2009 at 6:22 amElliott Sprehn

This plugin seems to leak a huge amount of memory when it updates the SVN icons. If I open a project with a lot of files, then do a svn check in, when it updates the icons TextMate will consume near 800MB of RAM.

Please fix this. :)

95. on 05 Jan 2009 at 5:56 pmSven

This would really be a great plugin, but it needs to mature some more I guess. At least for me, the file panel is not displayed anymore if I re-open a newly created project. I can still open the drawer, but not the panel. But great potential!

96. on 05 Jan 2009 at 6:06 pmSven

(cont’d) The problem only occurs if I open a project file when TM is not running already. If it is, everything works just fine. (Btw. GIT badges work for me although the project is not in the GIT tree.)

97. [...] I came across the ProjectPlus plugin for Textmate. After installing just configure it in the preferences to work with what ever [...]

98. on 23 Jan 2009 at 6:17 pmChes

It probably goes without saying that this is awesome for MegaZoomer when you’re normally looking at a lot of useless dead space on a wide-aspect display (oh, for split panes in TextMate…).

Also, since the post isn’t updated — if you’re browsing the comments, there is now Mercurial support. SVK and Bazaar too, though I haven’t tried those.

Thanks Ciarán, I’m sure you guys are working hard on TM2 and hopefully a documented plugin API :-)

99. [...] colored labels provided by the ProjectPlus plugin. Share this [...]

100. [...] Petit truc pour gérer les fichiers “subversionnés” à la façon de Eclipse, installez le bundle Project+. [...]

101. [...] have this plugin called Project+, updated it: nope, reinstall it: nope, disable it: [...]

102. [...] This is great dev tip. The number of times I’ve accidentally cap deploy‘ed something without checking I’d git committed everything is beyond counting, so this visual indicator on the command line is great (though I also use the excellent ProjectPlus Textmate plugin). [...]

103. on 11 Feb 2009 at 4:14 pmCarl

How do I uninstall it? It’s not in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/PlugIns.

104. on 20 Feb 2009 at 5:20 pmWes

What’s the chance of getting the left/right side setting for the project drawer instead of the replaced pane version?

105. on 02 Mar 2009 at 11:59 amRob

Hey, this addon is kinda not working anymore. It’s not replacing the draw with a side bar or forcing it to be on the left, even though the options are both checked correctly… it is still doing the SVN stuff, very strange.

106. on 04 Mar 2009 at 11:42 amRob

This plugin has some real performance issues when using it on a large set of directories compared to the standard draw.

It causes textmate to hang when returning focus to the window. TM 1.5.8

107. on 05 Mar 2009 at 7:43 amMichael Tyson

This may be a problem with Textmate itself, but I’ve noticed that when opening a tmproj from Finder without Textmate running beforehand, ProjectPlus has no effect – it’s plain ol’ Textmate.

If one then closes the project and re-opens it (from Finder or otherwise), once Textmate is running, then all is well.

This may be something to do with plugin load order – let me know if that’s the case and I’ll file a report with the Textmate folks.

This may also explain your ‘kinda not working anymore’ issue, Rob.

108. [...] on Fri 06-3-2009 links for 2008-07-31 Saved by ryoushirogane on Wed 04-3-2009 ProjectPlusTextMate Plugin Saved by LuisArias on Sun 01-3-2009 Setting subversion up to work with contractors Saved by [...]

109. [...] Textmate Project Plus (tags: textmate plugins project versioncontrol) [...]

110. on 30 Mar 2009 at 6:31 pmKyle

Plugin looks great, but now TextMate frequently crashes — it never crashed before installing this plugin.

Unfortunately, I need to remove it. How can I uninstall it?

111. on 30 Mar 2009 at 6:34 pmKyle

Nevermind — silly me, just remove ProjectPlus.tmplugin to uninstall.

112. on 31 Mar 2009 at 6:04 amRyan

Hi Ciarán, Any chance you could recompile with Subversion 1.6 support for those of us with the newest version?

Much thanks! Ryan

113. on 02 Apr 2009 at 7:54 pmKai Richard Koenig

Hi, would be great if you could recompile the plugin to work with the latest Subversion.

cheers

114. on 08 Apr 2009 at 4:34 pmJeremy

Another person anxiously awaiting a Subversion 1.6 recompile

115. on 13 Apr 2009 at 10:33 pmA Yule

Ditto on the subversion 1.6 recompile…

116. [...] you, Andrew. I was wondering exactly that since, IMO, using the project view (with ProjectPlus, obviously) view to browser files is WAY more productive (Espresso gets this right). Hope [...]

117. on 23 Apr 2009 at 10:09 pmPaul Lind

I did the update to support svn 1.6, and since then Textmate crashes a lot.

It was never a problem before. Using textmate 1.5.8 (1498). I’d used the previous version of Project Plus for many months, maybe a year or more (even with prev rev of textmate) with no problems.

My only other plugins are remate & TmCodeBrowser

118. on 01 May 2009 at 10:35 pmkaren

as a new user of textmate and git – am i missing something here?

can i issue git commands from projectplus or is the extent of its usefulness the differing icons to represent the current status of the file in terms of versioning.

Thanks

119. on 06 May 2009 at 3:17 pmGavin Laking

Is there a way to automatically expand all folders from the context menu or a keyboard shortcut?

120. on 13 May 2009 at 10:39 ameblot

Hi,

Is the project plus source code available somewhere? I’d like to rebuild it to support SVN 1.6. (1.6.2, with fix up for SQLite initialization)

121. [...] ProjectPlus – Noch ein Bundle für Textmate, das Git, SVN Statusflaggen, Mercurial und Bazaar unterstützt [...]

122. [...] manual Refresh All Projects menu item is broken as well. (This might be due to an interaction with ProjectPlus [...]

123. on 23 Jun 2009 at 10:33 amRom

The plugins keep crashing with the new version.

124. on 24 Jun 2009 at 11:19 pmKim

@Rom: For me it’s working on TM 1.5.8

125. on 26 Jun 2009 at 2:28 pmfudge

what are the keybindings for ProjectPlus?

126. [...] – TextMate Plug-in: ProjectPlus saved by cluca2009-07-25 – XTRACE, MTASC and TextMate saved by Hasematzel2009-07-16 – Measurement [...]

127. [...] a look at some of the nice features of TextMate and be sure to get the ProjectPlus plug-in if you take the plunge. Compare TextMate’s simple “column selection” mode to [...]

128. [...] bundle and ProjectPlus are the must-haves whatever you do with [...]

129. [...] Ciarán Walsh’s Blog » TextMate Plug-in: ProjectPlus ciaranwal.sh/2008/08/05/textmate-plug-in-projectplus – view page – cached I put this plug-in together some time ago and never released it; I just recently returned to it to while doing the SVN 1.5 update, added some more features and fixed some bugs, and I’m going to put this up as a beta release now. Mostly it’s a compilation of some of my other plug-ins, plus some miscellaneous new features. — From the page [...]

130. on 07 Sep 2009 at 5:03 amben

I work a lot with the Plain Text Wiki bundle in ProjectPlus, and a “hide extensions” preference would really, really make my day. I know this wouldn’t make sense for most applications, but when you’re endlessly editing wiki pages, file extensions are often the last thing you want to see.

131. on 12 Sep 2009 at 2:16 amsteve

Hey great plugin! Does any notice that after switching screens the “Folders on Top” function reverts back to nasty ol’ Textmates un-sorted view?? This drives me crazy as I MUST have some organization within my file tree.

BTW – I have the “Remember tree settings” checked in the preferences and all that good stuff.

Thanks for any help!

Version 1.5.8 (1498)

132. on 07 Oct 2009 at 11:08 pmSon Nguyen

After upgrading to TM 1.5.9 the overlay SVN icons are gone. Anyone knows how to get them back?

133. on 08 Oct 2009 at 7:46 pmYuri Goytacaz

133: Nguyen, Im having the same problem, if anyone knows a fix, please, do share. (=

134. on 11 Nov 2009 at 3:47 pmRoamer

Hi, plugin looks great. But iv downloaded, installed and nothing appears in my textMate preference pane. Any ideas? Im still on a demo of textMate would this maybe be the reason? (mac 10.4.11, textMate 1.5.8)

Cheers

135. on 12 Nov 2009 at 4:10 amJohn K

136. on 19 Nov 2009 at 8:04 pmGerry Power

“I too am now missing the SVN status icons, which happened with upgrading to Snow Leopard.”

I am missing the SVN status icons as well, but have not upgraded to Snow Leopard. Might be an issue with the current release of TextMate. Also seems to be crashing TextMate when I do svn operations as well.

137. on 20 Nov 2009 at 2:53 amDana

First off amazing plugin! It’s been a life saver!

The one bug I have found (and others have above) is that the sorting state is not remembered and seems to be forgotten random during use.

Is there any plan on this being fixed in the near future? Would be amazing if this was possible as this is the only issue I’m having the plugin.

Cheers!

138. on 08 Dec 2009 at 5:24 pmMy TextMate setup | BenKreeger.com

[...] off would have to be ProjectPlus. This takes the tired old TextMate project drawer (the one you get when you open a whole folder [...]

139. on 21 Dec 2009 at 8:46 pmGerry Power

There is a fork on github that is Snow Leopard ready: http://github.com/markhuot/projectplus

140. on 23 Dec 2009 at 5:20 pmdave

@Gerry Power:

Sorry to be an idiot, but how do you install the bundle from github?

The github instructions only say “Download from the releases directory.” But there is nothing in the “releases” directory except for a single .PNG.

141. on 28 Dec 2009 at 12:45 amKristian Mandrup

I have the same question. How do I install from the source on GitHub to be Snow Leopard compatible. I tried to git clone the source, and assume I have to run the rake file using $ rake

But I am told I miss dependency no such file to load — osx/cocoa

I guess it has to run in MacRuby?

142. on 28 Dec 2009 at 5:18 pmAnders L

If someone could upload a compiled Snow Leopard version it would be appreciated.

143. on 07 Jan 2010 at 2:54 amAlex B

For anyone still having problems, you can grab 1.3.1 which works on Snow Leopard here:

Two things to note:

1) You’ll need to manually copy the icons into your Textmate bundle

2) “all of the SCM modules are disabled by default and you must selectively enable the ones you want”. Which means SVN status icons are not turned on by default, you’ll need to open Textmate preferences and enable SVN or your choice of SCM.

Works great for me on Snow Leopard and Textmate 1.5.9 r1589.

144. [...] have this plugin called Project+, updated it: nope, reinstall it: nope, disable it: [...]

145. on 09 Jan 2010 at 6:10 amWQ25Katie

Your interesting knowledge close to this post comes side by side with the dissertation work. Hence, you must even perform for dissertation service.

146. on 16 Jan 2010 at 8:21 amDissertation Writer

Hi, This is really a nice post, you share good piece of information.

147. on 14 Feb 2010 at 10:52 pmpariuri sportive

Really good plugin it works well, i had few problems with css but i resolved it.

148. on 25 Feb 2010 at 7:48 amUK dissertations

Great blog Ciarán Walsh’s Blog, i like reading it, i appreciate on hard work, hope it keep it up.

dissertation writing dissertation help dissertation services

149. on 26 Feb 2010 at 10:03 amOllivier Robert

Great work Ciarán! How hard would it be to add Mercurial support?

Thanks.

150. on 01 Mar 2010 at 7:45 amabdurrahim vural

madeni yağlar madeni yağlar tsek belgesi tsek belgesi ç

151. on 02 Mar 2010 at 8:52 amonline writing

Thanks for sharing this information, I really appreciate this information. writing help

152. on 10 Mar 2010 at 10:21 pmAlen420

Great Helping material. http://www.hotwallpapers4u.com/

153. on 26 Mar 2010 at 10:55 amtiffany stores

I think this is an excellent article and like reading it

154. on 27 Mar 2010 at 8:50 amnave

excellent approach. HID Kit

155. on 03 Apr 2010 at 4:22 amJeff888

hello admin, I found your blog from yahoo and read a few of your other posts.They are awesome. Please keep it up!!

(copy xbox 360 games | watch satellite tv on pc | xbox 360 repair guide )

156. on 04 Apr 2010 at 4:39 pmEricp

free auto insurance quotes” that is all that is needed.

157. on 05 Apr 2010 at 12:29 amCromwell

Very good article ! Thank you for sharing . Nice work ! MeciulZilei

158. on 06 Apr 2010 at 4:00 pmpiese auto import

It is interesting. thanks

159. on 08 Apr 2010 at 10:40 amsolar street lights

Thanks very much, I like ths.

160. on 10 Apr 2010 at 3:15 amplanter fascia treatment

Plantar fasciitis or inflammation of the plantar fascia comes about when the plantar fascia suffers microscopic tears at the point where it joins to the heel bone, or along its length.

161. on 12 Apr 2010 at 5:31 pmmake free ringtones

It is a well documented article, while useful and interesting, from my point of view.Congratulations!

162. on 13 Apr 2010 at 8:16 amwebthesurfi rugs webdesign

Thanks for sharing the information

163. on 13 Apr 2010 at 10:10 amsolar street lights

Great info, Thanks very much.

164. on 14 Apr 2010 at 7:24 amslim body pills

A very good article, point out I have not noticed the details. Which part of your body is slim?

165. on 14 Apr 2010 at 7:25 amBani Online

Excellent post, thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. bani online

166. on 16 Apr 2010 at 3:26 pmflv converter

Very informative and trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. Blu ray Ripper | it will help people know about such nobel events and will create awareness. |Blu Ray Ripper

167. on 17 Apr 2010 at 7:15 pmmale enhancement formula

Great work! Thanks for sharing…

168. on 18 Apr 2010 at 4:12 pmTom

Hi, Thanks for this plugin, unfortunately SVN is still not working properly, actually I’ve installed Subversion.tmbundle and after I hit ctrl+shift+a scroll bar should appear, instead of that just “dung” sound appear and nothing else, my svn is working b/c I’m able to work with repository via CLI and I’ve set TM_SVN to correct path where SVN is installed. Any thoughts really appreciated!

Thanks, Tom.

169. on 19 Apr 2010 at 4:39 pmRich

I came across your blog via Google search and I find your plugin very interesting. I plan to check it out and learn more about it.

Thanks, Rich Computer Freezes | How To Burn Games | How To Get Rid Of Acne

170. on 21 Apr 2010 at 1:48 amwangwei

Thank you so much for this post, it was very insightful! I have found a direct conversion software,

Blu-ray Ripper helps you Directly rip Blu-Ray to almost all of the popular video and audio formats with high quality and converting speed.

————————————

More info you can visit: http://besthdsoft.com/best-hd-blu-ray-ripper.html

More Related Products : * blu-ray ripper * blu-ray dvd ripper

171. on 23 Apr 2010 at 4:54 amchildren umbrella

Hello, very professional high level of writing it! So many people to comment, let me also to comment on it. Because good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Thanks very much !the same time, i love Children Umbrella very much too !

172. on 26 Apr 2010 at 2:06 pmCruise

thanks for the TextMate Plug-in, Ciarán

173. on 28 Apr 2010 at 10:38 amBig Ass

enjoy your life with girls here.it worth for relax.just watch the link.is great!

174. [...] ProjectPlus http://ciaranwal.sh/2008/08/05/textmate-plug-in-projectplus [...]

175. on 18 Jun 2010 at 11:09 pmjames

Sorry to be an idiot but how did you install the bundle from github?

You can also check out my website

176. on 15 Jul 2010 at 5:31 amMike Montego

There’s a very annoying bug (at least it seems to be a bug). The sort method of the files reverts back to Descending if a file is removed from any location other than TextMate. For example, I have a java project sorted by folders on top. If I remove a class file within the root of my project, everything gets messed up and is sorted alphabetically. Not that big of a deal, but I have to close the project in order to get my sort method back (or do it manually again).

177. on 13 Aug 2010 at 7:06 pmtava tea

Thanks again!

178. on 15 Aug 2010 at 9:16 pmendium

This is awesome! I do a search every now and then for sorting projects with folders first, but i never found anything. I stumbled on this when looking for info in textmate2. Only thing it greatly needs is svn 1.6 support!

179. [...] projekt honlapján lévő példakódok inspiráltak, és mellesleg magamnak csináltam) és a Project+ kiegészítővel már majdnem mindent tud ami szükséges. Nagyon időszerű lenne már a TextMate2 [...]

180. on 27 Aug 2010 at 5:52 amMike Bethany

Folder sorting on the top!

THANK YOU! That was driving me mental! I hate that the Mac does it too but I have a utility that fixes that too.

181. on 27 Aug 2010 at 2:06 pmhalf marathon training plan

Nice and informative and educational post and the most interesting and informative post I’ve ever seen, so the post bookmared my browser for future visits. [ half marathon training ]

182. [...] ProjectPlus http://ciaranwal.sh/2008/08/05/textmate-plug-in-projectplus [...]

183. on 08 Sep 2010 at 3:04 amJustin

I can’t get the SCM badges to show up, what am I doing wrong? Thanks for this by the way. Nice work!

184. on 17 Sep 2010 at 4:52 amIT Consulting

this is a great plugin , cheers mate

185. on 01 Oct 2010 at 8:09 amCode Like I Do « Jasonevers

[...] found a wealth of plugins, which I reduced to Webmate, SVNMate, and MissingDrawer. I looked into ProjectPlus which could have replaced parts of MissingDrawer and SVNMate but it proved bulky and loved to pick [...]