ProjectPlus Update

Release notes:

• Sidebar

• TextMate does not load plug-ins until after the application is finished launching, which was causing problems when launching by double-clicking a project file (the project would open without a drawer or pane). This is now handled gracefully, but projects opened in this way will always have the drawer as they are opened before ProjectPlus is loaded.
  • SCM Badges

• Added support for Mercurial, Svk and Bazaar (these should be considered experimental – I don’t use them so please report issues)
    • Hopefully more to come, based on demand and how easy they are to implement
    • Since there are now quite a few, and some of them are expensive to have enabled (as all except SVN use shell execution), all of the SCM modules are disabled by default and you must selectively enable the ones you want
    • Fixed a memory leak that could occur when using SVN badging
    • Misc. performance improvements and bugfixes
  • General:

• Added Sparkle for automatic updates to future versions
    • Added an icon (thanks to Oliver Busch)
    • Other miscellaneous tweaks and improvements

Download.

Please report any issues you find at the new bug tracker.

28 Responses to “ProjectPlus Update”

1. on 21 Aug 2008 at 2:44 amLibin Pan

Wow! So many awesome improvements!

Mercurial?! I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Thanks so much, Ciarán!

2. on 21 Aug 2008 at 3:21 amTim Fletcher

This is great stuff Ciarán. Thanks for sharing!

3. on 22 Aug 2008 at 4:35 amDan Weeks

I love the improvements. The only thing I’ve noticed, and I haven’t narrowed it down yet, but it seems when I create a new project the SCM colors/bookmarks/status icons work just fine. When I save the project to a TM project file the status bugs are still there until I select a file and then they disappear.

When I get more I’ll pass it on.

Dan

4. on 23 Aug 2008 at 10:42 amTheo

It’s good that all SCM is disabled by default. I’ve had problems with TextMate being sluggish and very crash prone, and it was just a couple of days ago I realized it was because Git was enabled in ProjectPlus. I turned it off and haven’t had much problems since.

5. on 28 Aug 2008 at 10:50 pmSonny

Hey, nice work, but for me the git support still don’t work. So please please update it, so that i can set the my git-folder manually via the TM_GIT variable like in the git-bundle.

When git works, i swear i will donate.

6. on 28 Aug 2008 at 11:08 pmCiarán

Sonny:

TM_GIT is supported – you must set it to the full path to your git executable. Also, the git flags will only display if the root folder of your project is under git control.

7. on 29 Aug 2008 at 9:26 amSonny

I tryed hard this morning and when I create a brand new sample project on my Desktop it works. But if I open an old project that uses git – nothing. The git-bundle shows me all my uncommited changes but there are no flags.

If I open an old project that don’t uses git and initialize it as git repo using the git-bundle – nothing. The git-bundle says me that everything is right, but there are no flags.

Maybe I’m just to foolish to use the plugin the right way, but maybe you can help me or give a short how-to.

8. on 29 Aug 2008 at 1:23 pmJordi Bunster

Is it intentional that the folders don’t have badges? I’m using it with Git, and I can only see SCM badges on file icons.

9. on 29 Aug 2008 at 3:55 pmSonny

@Jordi Bunster: Git just knows files, Linus often emphasized that. Maybe that’s the intention.

@Ciarán: I tried a lot today, what I found out is, that if I copy my directory to the desktop and initialize a repo and add the directory, everything works fine. But if I try it in another directory the same way, it fails. I tried /Applications/MAMP/htdocs, ~/htdocs, ~/Sites.

Maybe an permission problem?

10. on 29 Aug 2008 at 4:56 pmCiarán

Sonny: how are you creating the projects? E.g. dragging the folder to the dock icon? And most importantly: is the root of your project included in the git repository?

If you cd to the project dir and run: git ls-files –exclude-standard -t -m -c -d do you get sensible output?

11. on 29 Aug 2008 at 5:26 pmSonny

@Ciarán: You are great! I created the project via the “File->New Project”-Menu. Now I tried it via dragging the folder to the dock icon and it runs.

The root was always in the git repo.

git ls-files –exclude-standard -t -m -c -d gives nothing back.

Everything seems to work fine now, and the magic is to drop the folder at the dock icon.

This is a amazing improvement of my workflow and you saved my weekend. So I hope my donation helps to enjoy yours!

12. on 04 Sep 2008 at 10:29 amwata

hi, the check updates popup totally crashes textmate :(

13. on 23 Sep 2008 at 8:25 amkain

would be nice to find a way to show on which branch we are currently working with git :)

14. on 26 Sep 2008 at 3:18 pmdream.x

Just wanted to thank you so much, this plugin really made my day!

15. [...] public links >> scm ProjectPlus Update First saved by capbri | 1 days ago Free software for students: Plastic SCM a version control [...]

16. on 18 Oct 2008 at 12:20 pmSteve G

As ‘wata’ #12 pointed out, the auto-update pop-up dialog hangs textmate on launch.

Textmate will no longer launch and needs a force quit. Not good.

This is on OS X 10.4.11. No other TM plugins loaded.

17. on 18 Oct 2008 at 12:41 pmSteve G

Further to above, Mike G in comment #8 of ‘Minor ProjectPlus Update’ describe a workaround:

18. on 03 Dec 2008 at 9:56 pmJuanlu

The update crashes Textmate………… argh!

19. on 30 Dec 2008 at 6:55 pmJake

For those of whom Textmate is crashing, remove MissingDrawer, or disable the Project+ sidebar mod in the preferences. Finally for git badges, make sure you have the export path for you git install in your .bashprofile and then add the shell variable “TMGIT /usr/local/git/bin/git” or whatever your path is.

20. on 21 Jan 2009 at 8:30 pmTony

So far the plug-in works perfectly. Seeing SVN status is very important for me. One problem: the status icons do not cascade up the folder hierarchy. So if a file is changed in foo/bar/, the status for foo does not change. This makes the status much less useful for me, so I am hoping this can be fixed. Thanks.

21. [...] this page was mentioned by shvi (@shvi), Chris Murphy (@chmurph2), Mick Staugaard (@staugaard) and others. [...]

22. on 26 Nov 2009 at 10:04 pmAlistair Stead

With the latest update to Textmate all the SCM status flags are broken. I have installed a fresh version of the plugin with no success.

I’ve tested with git and subversion. After the update I have had to add TM_SVN to my preferences that was not previously needed.

The SCM functionality works in every other way apart from the status flags.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an answer….

Regards

Alistair

23. on 05 Feb 2010 at 3:33 pmEka

Why not add remate to Project+?

Thanks for this awesome plugin.

24. on 23 Feb 2010 at 6:34 amJames

Thanks for the update, and the great work you’ve done with this plugin.

I want to add my voice to those who are having issues getting the SCM badges to show up. I’m using git and I don’t see them at all. Odd thing is that I also have a laptop in which they are working, so I assume there is a config step that I am missing.

Both systems have the exact same shell variables (in TM) and the .profile on each has very similar paths. The only difference I can see between each system is that one has git installed in /usr/local/git/bin/git, whereas the other (working) one has it in /usr/local/bin/git. They are both running the same version of Snow Leopard.

TIA to anyone who has a possible solution and takes 2 minutes to jot it down here!

25. on 23 Feb 2010 at 6:39 amJames

FWIW the working laptop also does not have a TM_GIT shell variable. In spite of this it works.

26. on 09 Mar 2010 at 5:24 pmHarley Davidson Bedding

Brilliant work guys

27. on 19 Apr 2010 at 11:15 amPonturi la pariuri

Thanks for the update, and the great work you’ve done with this plugin. Andrew, Biletul Zilei

28. on 22 Apr 2010 at 11:16 amChristian Louboutin Boots

Great blog! I think you are totally right here …